The award will be based on:
- Outstanding academic record;
- Demonstrable financial need;
- Demonstrable community involvement and leadership qualities.
The award is available to full time registered Jamaican students who are:
- pursuing an undergraduate degree at St. Augustine Campus;
under 25 years of age;
- entering the second or third year.
Selection of the student will be made by a Committee of evaluators from the UWI and should include the Donor, in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Schedule which shall be read as one with the Agreement.
The successful candidate shall not be the holder or recipient of any other scholarship covering tuition costs.
Application shall be accompanied with the following documents:
- UWI application and acceptance letters;
- CAPE & CXC scores;
- high school transcript or UWI transcript (in the case of 2nd or 3rd year applicants)
- one page essay on the applicant's educational goals;
- two character references;
- certified copy of birth certificate or registration certificate.