The award will be based on:
- Academic performance based on the results of the previous year University examinations (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Verifiable financial need;
- Active participation in co-curricular activities;
- Demonstrable leadership qualities, volunteerism and social involvement.
The award is available to Jamaican Nationals who are:
- under 25 years of age;
- registered, full time undergraduate students in the Faculty of Medical Sciences
- pursuing studies in Dentistry
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a panel comprising of the donor’s organization and the UWI Development and Endowment Fund.
Following completion of the course, candidates must agree to work in Jamaica for three of the first five years. Failure to do so will require repayment of an appropriate amount for each year missed.