The award will be based on:
- verifiable financial need;
- demonstrable community involvement/service.
The award is available to the alumni of Glenmuir High School who are:
- registered Undergraduate student entering levels 1, 2, or 3 of programme;
- enrolled in any Faculty.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a committee comprising personnel from the University and the Donor Committee.
The recipient of the award must show a willingness to contribute to Glenmuir High Schools' overall development.
The applicant must present three (3) letters of reference:
- One should be from an academic source (i.e. teachers, principal etc...)
- One should be from community based organization (church, club etc...)
- One should be a Personal/Work reference.
The applicant should also provide a personal statement- a 500 word essay titled "Why I desire the D.V. Brown Scholarship".
Applicants are to attach a RESUME to their applications- the resume must include work experience, educational & co-curricular background, special skills, interests and references.