The award will be based on:
- High academic performance (at least a GPA of 2.7)
- Verifiable financial need
- Participation in co-curricular activities
- Leadership qualities, volunteerism and social involvement
The award is available to rural Jamaican nationals who are:
- registered full-time student in the Faculty of Medical Sciences
- majoring in Medicine & Surgery
- entering year 1, 2 or 3
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a panel consisting of representatives from the University of the West Indies and the UWI Development and Endowment Fund.
The recipient is required to complete 40 hours or 100 hours of voluntary services with the UWI Development and Endowment Fund (UWIDEF).