The award will be based on:
- strong academic performance at the University level with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- verifiable financial need;
- demonstrable involvement in co-curricular and volunteer activities.
The award is available to Jamaican Nationals who:
- are registered in a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the School of Nursing;
- have completed at least one academic year of full time study and will continue the degree programme.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a selection panel comprised of UWI and Donor representatives.
All candidates are required to submit, along with their application form, an essay with the following theme:"What I Hope to Achieve by Becoming a Nurse