Senior Medical Officer
Post: Senior Medical Officer (HPC/MO 4)
The North East Regional Health Authority, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health, with responsibility for the management and delivery of Public Health Services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary, and Portland invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Medical Officer for the Port Maria Hospital (Type C) in St. Mary.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the institution and with the technical direction of the Regional Technical Director, the Senior Medical Officer will be responsible for the delivery of medical and paramedical services of the hospital, in accordance with the Government’s policies, regulations/legal requirements and guidelines and will ensure continuous improvements in the quality of care in the delivery of these health services.
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School;
- Post graduate qualification in a clinical specialty (A&E or General Surgery is preferred);
- Fully registered with the Medical Council of Jamaica;
- A minimum of five (5) years post graduate experience in a clinical specialty of which at least two (2) should be at the consultant level.
In addition to carrying a clinical workload in his/her specialty, other key responsibilities will include:
- Consulting and collaborating with the Medical Officer (Health) in ensuring the integration of services through an adequate, fully functional and responsive referral system which facilitates client movement through all levels of service delivery. Providing technical programme inputs in the development of a three or five year corporate plan; the relevant operational plans; the annual budget and annual report, and the monitoring of expenditure.
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance programme; ensuring that mechanisms and procedures are in place to enable monitoring of the quality of services and maintenance of standards and that appropriate action is taken when deficiencies are identified.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to provide effective leadership and work as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with a wide cross section of professionals and organizations;
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director, Human Resource Mgt. & Industrial RelationsNorth East Regional Health Authority34-38 Ocean Village Shopping Centre Ocho RiosSt. AnnFax: (876) 795 – 2747