Reporting to the head of the Department, the incumbent is responsible for performing and reporting of results on a variety of standard laboratory tests, while following the laboratory safety protocol, in such fields as Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Haematology. The incumbent is also responsible for enhancing the efficiency and accuracy of laboratory testing by maintaining quality assurance, quality control, equipment maintenenace and a clean and organised working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years professional experience in a clinical laboratory as a Medical Technologist
- One (1) year supervisory experience
- Licence to practice
- Working knowledge of a laboratory information system would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical, administrative and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer application software
- Very good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Flexibility and versatility to operate in a demanding environment
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
Applicaton must be submitted no later than Friday, 17 June 2016 via email to contact below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resource ManagerBiomedical / Caledonia Medical Laboratory Limited8a Caledonia Avenue,Kingston 5