The Golden Age Home, a facility for the destitute, with over Four Hundred and Sixty (460) Residents, is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Registered Nurse (HSC/RN2).
Summary of Job
Reporting to the Nursing Supervisor/Matron the incumbent is responsible for direct and indirect nursing care and treatment of residents to facilitate the provision of optimum health care in keeping with the aims and objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited Institution
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
- Four (4) years working experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working with the eldery population will be an asset
- Professional qualification and or certification in Supervisory Management would be an asset
Supervisory and Administrative Responsibilities
- Supervise and monitor the performance of Registered and Practical Nurses in the execution of their duties
- Conduct performance appraisals of Registered Nurses within the Nursing Department
- Conduct assessment of equipment and resources needed for the department and submit same to Nursing Supervisor
- Oversee the assessment and recording of vital signs and symptoms, adjust and modify care plan according to observation made of the resident’s physical and mental state
- Oversee the administration of medication, treatment and monitor the residents reaction to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Conduct Monthly Inspection/Audit of all medication and complete and submit the Medication Audit Report Form to the Nursing Supervisor
- Anticipate potential and predictable problems and institute early intervention to prevent or reduce occurrence eg. Disorientation, physiological alterations, disturbance in acuity, rest and sleep patterns and nutrition
- Acts promptly and effectively in emergency situations
- Performs nursing procedures that are appropriate to the needs, age and acuity level of the resident
- Assists in promoting the general Nursing Service of the Home by setting and maintaining a high level of professional standards
- Report to the Medical Officer any critical matter regarding residents to be examined and treated
- Work in collaboration with other Registered Nurses by informing Practical Nurses as well as Cluster Supervisors of residents who are in need of special medical care while on the cluster
- Assist the Nursing Supervisor in ensuring that effective records management is maintained within the department
- Performs simple diagnostic tests and interpret findings eg. urinalysis
- Assigns specific nursing duties as is necessary to the RN1 within the Nursing Department
- Interviews and assesses residents and in collaboration with Nursing Supervisor, refers residents to the internal Medical Practitioner or to hospitals or other health facilities
- Gives subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous injections as directed by internal Medical Practitioner
- Visit clusters and see residents as directed by Nursing Supervisor, the Medical Officer or as requested by the Cluster Supervisor
- In conjunction with the Nursing Supervisor recommend quality assurance programs for the Nurses within the department
- Effectively manage Petty Cash assigned to the Nursing Department
- Organize the appropriate arrangement for the Burial of Residents
- Ensures that family members are appropriately advised when Residents are hospitalized
- Ensure that Residents who are hospitalized are visited by the respective Nursing Personnel and that the Resident Status Form provides an update of the Residents condition as observed by the Nursing Personnel assigned and or by the Medical Doctor at the Hospital
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Effective Records Management is maintained
- Injections administered effectively
- Referrals of Residents are made in a timely manner
- Vital signs effectively monitored
- Diagnostic Tests effectively done
- Wound Care effectively and appropriately managed
- Petty Cash is effectively managed
- Audit of Medication completed as required
- Residents receive medical attention in a timely manner
- High level of professional nursing care maintained
- Drugs, medicines and other treatment and procedures are applied as directed
- The necessary support given to medical team in the conduct of their duties
- Excellent integrity/ethics exercised in the performance of duties
- Pays excellent attention to details
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team work.
- Excellent Supervisory Skills
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice;
- Proficient in recognizing and evaluating the health needs of individuals for medical intervention;
- Excellent decision making and judgment skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Nursing Council Policies and Procedures;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Very Good knowledge of computer applications.
Salary Scale: $1,195.018 p.a - $1,420,501 p.a.
Allowances include: Standby $586,404 p.a.
Uniform provided in accordance with GOJ guidelines
Sessionals provided in accordance with GOJ guidelines
Taxi and Meal provided in accordance with GoJ guidelines
For additional information check out our website at http://www.thegoldenagehome.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Assistant Manager - HRM & AThe Golden Age Home3 St. Josephs Avenue,Vineyard TownKingston 3Email: email@example.com