The Medical Officer is responsible for assessing, evaluating and prescribing treatment for the patients/clients through the Medical Services Branch; making appropriate referrals for further treatment that cannot be managed appropriately in the Branch.
- MBBS degree or equivalent in Medicine from an accredited institution
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School
- Five (5) years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the National Health Policy.
- Knowledge of Public Health Laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of Health Care Delivery to Uniform Group and patient care.
- Ability to use Quality Assurance tools to monitor quality of health service delivery.
- Ability to observe, assesses, and record symptoms, reactions and progress.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, problem solving skills and techniques.
- Independent, flexible and innovative attitude.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Senior DirectorHuman Resource Management & DevelopmentJamaica Constabulary ForceNCB South Tower,3rd Floor, 2 Oxford Road,Kingston 5.