Chair, Population Health Sciences
This is a full-time, professorial position available for 3 years in the first instance.
Applicants for this post should possess a PhD in a relevant Population Health Science discipline (e.g. Public Health, Epidemiology, Nutrition). It would be especially beneficial to our team if the prospective Population Health Scientist were to have a background in population level interventions, nutrition, physical activity, or spatial & environmental epidemiology.
- develop a research programme in one or more of the following areas o population-level interventions o defining and understanding health disparities and social determinants of NCDs in the Caribbean o environmental epidemiology with an emphasis on "Healthy Settings" - eg. healthy cities o epidemiological studies focusing on nutrition and/or physical activity
- have a proven record of distinguished original work and graduate supervision
- have a demonstrated ability to obtain research grant funding.
- develop relationships between the GA-CDRC and key stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health, to guide the public health response to emerging burden of NCDs
- contribute to the teaching of the Masters in Public Health (MPH) course offered through the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Cave Hill
- strengthen the research links between the GA-CDRC and the sister units of the Caribbean Institute of Health research (CAIHR) on the Mona campus in Jamaica
The successful applicant will play the lead role in developing the population health research programme in collaboration with the GA-CDRC surveillance programme, and the Public Health group of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, UWI Cave Hill.
For further information about the post and its duties we encourage you to contact the Director of the GA-CDRC (Professor Alafia Samuels; firstname.lastname@example.org).
For formal applications, you are requested to contact The University Registrar, Office of Administration, The Vice-Chancellery, UWI, Mona, Kingston 7, JAMAICA W.I. E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 876-977-1422, from whom application forms, further particulars of the post and full details of the remuneration package are available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University Registrar,Office of Administration,The Vice-Chancellery,UWI, Mona,Kingston 7,JAMAICA W.I.Fax: (876) 977-1422